Thursday 10 April 2014

Moving studio - a quick job? Also kestrel, little grebe, a hare...



I at long last have moved my studio. 'At long last' not meaning I didn't like my old one - I loved it, but commuting Burntisland to Linlithgow isn't sensible. I took ownership of my house in Burntisland mid-January and the plan was always to have my studio here. From time to time I hope to still paint at dad's in Linlithgow, perhaps when I'm working on especially large pieces. And I'll be back there in June for Forth Valley Open Studios - everyone is welcome to visit me on June 10th, 12th, 14th, 15th. Full details here.



The Move
 
I imagined one day to pack, one day to move, one day to unpack. Ridiculous! It's now more than seven days since did any work, either computer or creating - one and a half days and half a night to pack, one day to move, one day for B&Q. I've just about finished my unpacking.


A pity it couldn't stay as minimal as this:





Close to completion:







Some empty boxes (which will now be Russian-dolled and stored in the attic):

spot the bunnies




I've managed two really nice walks during the week, forcing myself away from studio set-up. Both were late afternoon into evening. The first by shore to Kinghorn, back in the dark along the road. The second today, 5pm-8pm, uphill onto the rolling farmland plateau above Burntisland:








spot the little grebes' nest. actually, it's the normal size



coot swallowing what looks rather like a stick. stick didn't get stuck







pheasant, hoping I haven't spotted him



North Berwick Law



the Isle of May (spot two white foghorns)










spot the kestrel




kestrel (little beige speck) flew to this wall. a hare just below




hare leaving




I don't know much about all this but perhaps the Binn Hill mast is what zooms my writings to you, blog post bouncing out from those bigwhite drums:






And now that computer is unboxed, plugged in, I'll start to respond to rather a lot of neglected communications...



No comments:

Post a Comment